Texas Campaign for the Environment and TCE Fund are seeking a full-time organizer who will help expand our regional coalition, develop new leadership and build an even wider base of resistance to the petrochemical build-out and related infrastructure in the Coastal Bend. This is a grant-funded position through 2021 at least.
TCE Fund’s mission is to engage people and communities through face-to-face public education, grassroots organizing, and action-oriented research for a cleaner and healthier Texas. TCE is the state’s leading canvass-based environmental advocacy group, directly influencing public and corporate policy through community-based advocacy.
The tasks to be accomplished include:
• Adding at least 5 groups to the regional effort fighting the build-out.
• Assist organizations and individuals in messaging, organizing public actions, research projects, public policy analysis around tax incentives and on impacts to public health.
• Follow up with interested individuals to engage them with volunteer efforts such as reaching out to others in the community, participating in public meetings or demonstrations on pollution permits and industrial infrastructure.
• Work with local leaders to provide leadership, public speaking, advocacy and protest skills training for area residents.
• Mobilize community members around applications for local and school tax breaks, Industrial District Agreements, and water and air pollution permits for the industrial plants as well as water and energy supply issues and transportation infrastructure.
• Work with allies to execute traditional and social media strategies cover the activities fighting the industrial built-out.
• Assist local allies as they do grant-funded economic development study.
• Organize briefings for candidates for public office so they understand the human, environmental, and financial implications of the buildout.
• Identify, mobilize, and educate pro-environment voters to take action.
• A demonstrated commitment to advancing the overarching goal of environmental justice, with an understanding of the range of current challenges and opportunities.
• An energetic person who can handle and prioritize multiple activities and responsibilities; a self-starter and finisher.
• A team player who inspires collaboration and operates decisively; is flexible and is well organized.
• Strong critical thinker and strategic planner.
• Emotionally mature and self-confident, with a diplomatic touch and sense of humor in order to maintain balance and perspective.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Benefits package for full-time employee includes insurance coverage (medical/dental/vision, including an HSA account with employer contribution). Paid time off and flex/comp time.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter that explains how your past experience is applicable to the job requirements. Submit applications via email to email@example.com or by mail to:
Texas Campaign for the Environment Fund
PO Box 42278
Austin, TX 78704
Applications are being accepted until the position is filled
TCE is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. TCE encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
- Texas Campaign for the Environment
- Vic Cornell