About the Society:
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a faith-based, grassroots nonprofit organization that offers person-to-person service to individuals in need. This is a mission-driven organization.
We are currently searching for a vibrant, enthusiastic, optimistic Client Services Coordinator who will serve as an active and collaborative member of the staff in our Austin Council office. The Client Services Coordinator will be an actively engaged participant on a staff that supports 41 groups of volunteers serving 25 counties in Central Texas.
Successful candidates will have excellent customer service skills and must be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, along with strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills, is essential. Client Services Coordinator must have excellent time management skills and be an expert in multitasking. Client Services Coordinator will be fully engaged and busy from the first day; we guarantee there will never be a dull moment. Our new Client Services Coordinator must be willing to advance our mission with enthusiasm and positivity. Client Services Coordinator must be willing to collaborate with a team of creative, mission-focused individuals.
The Client Services Coordinator is responsible for the efficient and effective coordination and management of the volunteers, food pantry, and client services programs of the Vincentian Family Center. This position is a front-line greeter to those we serve, as well as to our volunteers, employees and contractors, and collaborative partners. The position requires providing high levels of customer service to our Central Texas neighbors in need and members of our various stakeholder groups. This work will be done through effective communication, strategic alignment of best practices and goals, and overall support of volunteer and professional leadership within a collaborative and spiritual framework.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be the main point of contact for volunteers, interns, and other client services providers.
• Recruit, train and schedule volunteers for food pantry and other client services.
• Train and oversee reception volunteers and interns in proper procedures for greeting and assisting clients/ neighbors in person and over the phone.
• Manage food pantry, including ordering supplies for pantry, maintaining proper credentials and certifications for food handling, and working with food pantry
vendors. Manage Central Texas Food Bank data and reporting.
• Manage and maintain CMS data reporting.
• Manage bus pass program including tracking and reporting monthly TEF bus pass distribution.
• Establish processes and procedures to coordinate efficient service flow and solutions to serve clients.
• Answer phones and emails in a timely and courteous manner.
• Maintain budgets and expense reports for all client services budget line items.
• Maintain utmost levels of privacy and confidentiality of all Society and tenant data, intellectual property, client, and membership information.
• Be an active and collaborative team member of the Council staff.
• Be an engaged participant in staff meetings and discussions. Stay informed of internal and relevant external current events, news, and issues.
• Maintain utmost levels of privacy and confidentiality of sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
• Bilingual/Spanish is a plus.
• Possess or have the ability to obtain a Texas Food Manager License.
• Must be organized and detail-oriented.
• Conduct Society business in a professional, respectful manner.
• Must be flexible and adaptable.
• Must have experience in a management or supervisory position.
• Experience with recruiting, training, and managing volunteers.
• Effective written and verbal communication.
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and be willing to learn to use job-specific software.
• Ability to pass a background check through the Diocese of Austin. Willingness to take and stay current with the Diocese’s Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) training. Clean background and drug screen.
• Applicants must be comfortable with, and in support of, Vincentian Spirituality, the tenets of Catholic social justice teaching, prayer, and working with and for individuals within a spiritual social ministry.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Experience may substitute for education.
• Expert at multi-tasking.
• Stellar references from employers, co-workers, and direct supervisors.
• Must be vibrant, enthusiastic and optimistic!
• Hourly, non-exempt, 32-hour work week; overtime with approval only
• Work week for this position is Tuesday – Saturday
• Some scheduled evenings and weekend meetings (approximately 5 – 8 hours per month) and some off-hour meetings are planned by other people, in advance, and are considered required components of the position.
• Approximately 30 minutes per day in off-hour email correspondence.
• This position may involve lifting, (up to 25 lbs.), bending, standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, reaching, climbing stairs and grasping. This position may work around youth and adults with a moderate exposure to noise. This position will work a combination of indoors in a climate controlled environment and outdoors.
How to Apply:
Submit thoughtful cover letter describing your desire to have gainful employment that is ministry-based, including examples of relevant personal and professional successes, and how your expertise and skillset will be a positive addition to our team and organization. Email cover letter, resume, and three current professional references to email@example.com (subject line: Client Services Coordinator) or mail to P.O. Box 81511, Austin, TX 78708. Application packets must be received by March 30, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered. A completed application includes all three parts: cover letter, resume, and three references.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
- : Society of St. Vincent de Paul - Diocesan Council of Austin
- : 03/30/2018
- : Martina Davila
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 5122516995