AIDS FOUNDATION HOUSTON, INC. CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW: AIDS Foundation Houston, Inc. (AFH) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation founded in 1982 as Texas’ first organization dedicated to HIV prevention education and services. AFH services including benefits and resources counseling, case management, housing, and food and nutrition assistance to low-income, HIV+ men, women, and children. AFH leads the innovative efforts in the prevention of new HIV infections and supports those affected by HIV/AIDS.
LEADERSHIP QUALITIES SOUGHT:
Seeking an experienced leader who exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others. Able to navigate change and handle pressure comfortably. Treats other with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments. Excellent verbal and written communicator. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Demonstrates sound and accurate judgment; makes timely decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Builds awareness of AIDS Foundation Houston (AFH) by using effective marketing and communications strategies.
• Serves as chief spokesperson for AFH, assuring proper representation of AFH to the community.
• Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with key constituencies.
• Primary liaison with legislators, regulatory agencies, volunteers and representatives of the not-for-profit sector.
• Acts as an advocate, within the public and private sectors to promote legislative and regulatory policies that address the issues of AFH’s constituencies.
Agency Oversight and Management
• Facilitates strategic planning process and periodically assess adherence to strategy.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and funding sources.
• Facilitates the annual budgeting process with board and staff; presents final budget for board approval.
• Secures funding for the agency through city, state, federal, and private sources.
• Assures program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
• Facilitates recruitment and orientation of new Board members.
• Provides regular financial reports to board of directors.
• Reports problems with the agency in a timely manner to the Chair of the Board of Directors.
• Works with the Board President / Chair to enable the Board to fulfill its governance functions and facilitates the optimum performance by the Board, its committees and individual Board members.
• Acts as liaison to the Board of Directors and attends all meetings.; assists Board chair in planning agenda preparing materials for board meetings.
• Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals
• Has excellent written and verbal skills and demonstrated competency in public presentations.
Social Service Knowledge/Experience
• Is knowledgeable of the issues facing the organization’s clients
• Is knowledgeable of the political/legislative landscape impacting the organization
• Is knowledgeable of funding sources available to support the organization in its efforts.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Education: Completion of a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university in business, public administration, social sciences, and/or healthcare management; minimum of ten years’ experience required. Master’s degree preferred or certification/ coursework in non-profit management.
• Experience in nonprofit program regulations and compliance requirements, and appropriate resources of public and private social service and related agencies, organizational development, human resources, and program operations.
• Seven to ten years of executive level experience and management experience with the day-to-day operations of an organization of at least 50 staff persons.
• Proven record of solidifying funding, building strong donor and funder relationships.
• Proven record leading, developing and managing all internal operations.
- : AIDS Foundation Houston, Inc.
- : 03/31/2019
- : Ally Alvarez
- : firstname.lastname@example.org