Location: 419 E. Magnolia FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Administration Reports to: Board of Directors
Overview and Results Statement: Alpha Home in San Antonio, Texas is looking for a CEO to lead its staff and clients. Alpha Home, a recovery treatment facility and education organization for 55 years, is committed to treating the whole person—not just the addiction— by caring, qualified professionals. By incorporating our core values of Spirituality, Compassion, Integrity and Respect into our treatment approach, we focus on providing the resources for every client to build a future of long-term recovery. CEO is responsible for the agency’s consistent achievement of its mission, vision and financial objectives. Supports and maintains Alpha Home’s policies, procedures, code of ethics, and core values.
- Ensure the development and implementation of strategic plan to achieve agency mission
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board
- Ensure oversight of official records and documents and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
- Keep Board fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it
- Ensure that sound human resource practices are in place
- See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place
- Promote staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people
- Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the Board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines
- Ensure stewardship of all agency resources
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the agency’s mission
- Responsible for the enhancement of agency’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Personal knowledge of 12 step recovery programs
- Five years or more senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of agency’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written communication skills and strong public speaking ability
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with staff
- Willingness to be held accountable for the sustainability and overall health of the organization
- Knowledge of federal, state and local rules and regulations
- Must be motivated to work with multi-cultural, dual diagnosis, and criminal justice clients.
- If in recovery, free from alcohol and drug use for five years.
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check, employment background check, reference check, and urinalysis drug screen.
- Must maintain a high ethical standing within the community.
- Must abide by agency code of ethics.
Qualified candidates please send cover letter with resume to Delise Crimmins- email@example.com
- Alpha Home
- Delise Crimmins