This is a remote position based out of our main campus in Waco, TX. The ideal candidate will reside in the Central or Southeast region as frequent travel in those areas will be required.
The Benefactor Relations Officer solicits gifts and cultivates productive relationships that benefit those served by Methodist Children’s Home. The Benefactor Relations Officer meets established fundraising goals and objectives through personal solicitations, speaking events intended to generate contributions, donor visits to cultivate relationships with MCH benefactors and other best-practice fundraising methods.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage a portfolio of donors located primarily in the Central and Southeast Texas areas.
- Implement a plan to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward annual and major gift donors.
- Personally visit and thank donors who give at various gift levels with a goal to establish and strengthen relationships that encourage continued and, at times, increased financial support to the annual fund.
- Professionally solicit gifts on a regular basis that ensure the mission of MCH is fulfilled, while adhering to AFP Code of Ethics and MCH charitable giving policy.
- Prepare or receive a productive weekly travel schedule and then follow it so the maximum amount of time is spent visiting and soliciting prospects, benefactors, churches and foundations, rather than being in the office.
- Implement a plan to identify and solicit major gifts from charitable foundations through grant writing.
- Gain insight into the unique child care programs at MCH through its Waco campus, Boys Ranch, aftercare services and Family Outreach in order to clearly communicate the MCH mission to donors and prospects, and match their resources and interests with the organization’s needs.
- Accept continuing education assignments to improve awareness of fundraising, and marketing best-practices and a working knowledge of current charitable law and changes in such law.
Bachelor’s degree required.
SEE THE REST OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE!