SUMMARY: The Teacher Assistant will serve as a part of the team at the Childcare Center and will be responsible for providing assistance in the caring of children or as needed by the Lead Teacher. Some areas of assistance may include preparing activities and materials necessary for implementation of curriculum. Must have a passion for working with children and work cooperatively with Lead Preschool Teachers, Children’s Enrichment Center Director, and other SAMMinistries staff to ensure that children’s educational, developmental, and physical needs are met and that the Center’s goals and standards are met and maintained. Also responsible for reporting necessary repairs or damages and shortages of necessary supplies and/or materials to the Enrichment Center Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain excellent punctuality and attendance.
• Receive and report daily attendance on each child.
• Conducts activities for children as outlined in the curriculum for the children daily.
• Prepares and supervises meals and snacks for children as appropriate.
• Support social and emotional development of children and provide positive role modeling for parents and children.
• Establish a safe, healthy learning environment.
• Work cooperatively with staff and Children’s Enrichment Center Director to appropriately execute lesson plans and activities
• Advance the physical and intellectual competencies of children.
• Interacts with parents and encourage their involvement in the program.
• Perform routine cleaning, sanitizing, and maintenance of center facilities and equipment.
• Report any suspected child abuse, neglect or other issues concerning child safety and well- being to the Enrichment Center Director.
• Additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Familiarity with classroom management skills
• Child Development Associate Certification required.
• Bilingual – English/Spanish not required but preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License, a good driving record and proper insurance coverage. Monthly mileage reimbursed for applicable and documented work-related mileage. Some travel may be required. Child Development Associate Certification required. (CDA)
• Must have excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must maintain CPR and First Aid certification.
• Must maintain current TB test with negative results.
• Must maintain CDA Certification.
• Submit to criminal background check and drug screening prior to hire
• Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice (cognitive, social, emotional, physical, and language development)
• Must be able to communicate well with parents on a daily basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job requires standing or walking 50% or more of the workday; bending, twisting, and stooping; and the ability to move throughout the Enrichment Center indoors and outdoors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is primarily indoors, but the preschool teacher will supervise children outdoors during play and activities. Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals. Requires handling of objects 10-20 pounds, and occasionally lifting objects that may be up to 40 pounds. Also requires standing and walking.
- : San Antonio Metropolitan Ministry
- : 12/28/2018
- : Tomas Torres
- : 210-321-5629
- : Resume-AssistantTeacherFT@samm.org