The Assistant Officer Manager position will serve as the “first impression” of the JFSA offices. This staff person will serve as an assist to the Office Manager/Marketing Manager and will be supervised by OF/MM. Both the OF/MM and the Assistant Office Manager must be able to communicate smoothly and transparently together, as their daily tasks and functions will fluctuate and they will need to work closely to determine priorities. The ideal candidate must be organized, flexible, and friendly and be able to multi- task and take direction quickly and efficiently. As with all positions at the Jewish Federation, this individual must always serve as a positive voice for the work of the Jewish Federation and the programs and agencies for which we provide support.
- Answering phones & directing calls
- Welcoming walk-in visitors to the JFSA
- Retrieving & sorting mail
- Serve as point of contact community members checking on scheduling availability, as well as processing Community Calendar requests on the JFSA Outlook calendar and the FEDWEB website.
- Tracking bereavement notices and submitting monthly In-Memory lists to the Jewish Journal, as well as prepare and send bereavement cards to family members
- Keeping office tidy/organized
- Tracking office/kitchen supplies and ordering from Staples/Amazon/Liberty Office accounts as needed. Occasional run to pick up one-off supplies.
- Assist with the Jewish Journal proofing by contacting all proofers to come in each month.
- Adding postage to mailings large and small, through the Neopost machine.
- Collation/Collection of all information needed to create packets for BOD & Executive Committee meetings, including Agenda, Minutes, Financials & event fliers.
- Completing on an annual basis: Innovation Grants, Scholarship/Campership, & Allocations packets. All items must be organized, collated & distributed to appropriate committees.
Applications must be created, updated and posted in a public forum (via eblast, website, etc.) in a timely fashion.
- Assisting additional directors with meeting preparation, room reservation/set ups (recurring and individual), event preparation, event supply runs, fliers & other projects as needed and as time allows.
- Serve as an event/program logistics assist for JFSA events, as needed (i.e. larger events such as Yom Ha’atzmaut)
- Organize checks received, including opening and defacing checks, and scanning checks & giving physical copies to the accounting manager. Also notify campaign of any checks & pledges received.
- Liaison between office and printer contractors
- Serve as point of contact for organization’s event RSVPs and questions
- In charge of administrative duties for CEO, including scheduling meetings, RSVPs, booking rooms, and placing food orders. Duties may vary from day to day.
- Assist with office employment transitions
- Perform some database updates, including address changes, sending mailing lists to printing houses, and occasionally enter campaign pledges and update constituent statuses.
- Track tributes received and send acknowledgements to donor of recipient
- Occasionally help with social media and marketing duties, such as designing event fliers and posting on social media platforms.
- Performs administrative duties for the Holocaust Memorial Museum’s bi-annual benefit, For Hope For Humanity.
About San Antonio and the Jewish Federation of San Antonio
The Jewish Federation of San Antonio is the central convening, fundraising and community planning organization of the local Jewish community, with an annual campaign if $1.5 million dollars and total endowment assets under management of $11 million dollars. JFSA provides funding for several program areas, primarily through three agencies: Barshop Jewish Community Center, Jewish Family Services, Hillel San Antonio and Torah Academy of San Antonio. As well, JFSA provides financial support for
Jewish life in Israel and elsewhere in the Diaspora. JFSA is part of the Western Galilee/Central Area Consortium of Partnership 2GETHER, promoting people-to-people relationships through cultural, social, medical, educational and economic programs.
For more information or to submit your resume, please email: Caitlin Strayer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- : The Jewish Federation of San Antonio
- : 06/04/2018
- : Caitlin Strayer
- : email@example.com