The Assistant Director will assist and support the Director in managing the day-to-day operations of the Vogel Alcove early childhood programs.
1. Support the Director of Early Childhood Programming in all aspects of operating the program, including staffing, scheduling, childcare management software system entry, general customer service, office management and record keeping.
2. Assume joint responsibility for the financial management of the program, with specific accountability for payroll and purchasing.
3. Support the Director in reviewing updating and developing program policies and procedures.
4. Establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, parents, community members, and other stakeholders.
5. Assist Director in hiring, training and supervising staff necessary to implement the goals and needs of the early childhood program.
6. Supervise a part of the teaching team.
7. Assist Director with employee performance reviews and classroom observations.
8. Manage the Educational Services component of the program required by Head Start and Dallas ISD, including implementation of established process, record keeping, and reporting.
9. Assist the Director in maintaining the required records of all children enrolled in the program.
10. Assist the Director of Human Resources in maintaining all necessary records on all Early Childhood program staff members.
11. Assist the Director to develop and maintain a daily working schedule for each age group, based on NAEYC, Head Start, and Early Head Start requirements.
12. Works in conjunction with the Director to ensure all Local, State, Federal (HS/EHS),
NAEYC Accreditation standards and Dallas ISD policies are met.
13. Manages scheduling of in-house enrichment activities. Works with Lead Teaching team on planning and implementation of enrichment activities.
14. Oversee the center operations in the absence of the Director.
15. Acts as liaison to the Operations Team to ensure all facility needs are reported and met.
16. Supports Director in other management and supervisory activities, as needed.
• BS/BA in Early Childhood Education or closely related field that encompasses work with young children and families. Master’s degree, preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of early childhood classroom experience; 3 years of early childhood program management and 3 years of direct supervision experience of at least 10 staff members.
• Must possess effective communication skills, both oral and written.
• Must possess and ability to interact with children and families from diverse cultural backgrounds. Experience working with homeless families/low income families, preferred.
• Must have the physical strength and stamina to work with children and staff energetically.
• Knowledge and experience working in an NAEYC accredited program, Head Start, and/or Early Head Start.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with skills to multi-task and complete responsibilities upon given deadlines.
• Must be able to work full-time, 40 hours per week, during established program operating hours (Monday – Friday, 7 am – 6:00 pm).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
Vogel alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history.
No Telephone Calls Please
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $53,500.00 /year
- : Vogel Alcove
- : 08/21/2020
- : HR
- : Vogel Alcove PO BOX 150948 | DALLAS, TX 75315
- : https://vogelalcove.org/careers/