CHILDREN AT RISK is seeking an enthusiastic, detail oriented, and self-motivated team member who will serve as a key leader on the development team of a nationally recognized, Texas-based, non-profit organization. The Assistant Director will join a driven and dynamic team and work closely with the Chief Development Officer to focus on leading annual campaigns to secure individual support, support corporate fundraising, and oversee donor stewardship and communications to meet annual fundraising goals. This position is based in Houston, TX.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors/prospects and corporate relationships through scheduling and leading meetings, coordinating annual fundraising appeals, and prospect identification and
- Steward new and existing donors to maximize donor potential and ensure donor retention.
- Produce regular online and print communications including monthly e- newsletters, website and social media promotions, donor appeals, webpages, and event/program
- Manage our social media brand, to increase online donations, media presence with consistent messaging on campaigns and events.
- Execute annual communications strategy to attract and engage new and existing donors to CHILDREN AT RISK.
- Manage the donor database, Donor Perfect, and donor files to include regular updates, pulling reports for donor history, accounting reconciliation, and fully maximizing technology to ensure all relevant details are captured.
- Work with program staff to create issue specific messaging and advocacy
- Process gifts and provide donor acknowledgement in a timely and enthusiastic
- Provide weekly reports for development team, tracking gifts and stewardship
- Assist with special event planning and coordination, both fundraising and
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
About CHILDREN AT RISK
CHILDREN AT RISK is an active research and advocacy group dedicated to improving the quality of life of children through research, public policy analysis, community education, and collaboration. Our focus is on the whole child with significant work in ending child trafficking, strengthening public education, implementing evidence-based parenting programs, and increasing access to and use of federally funded meal programs. We are the leading source of accurate information on children’s issues and an advocate and catalyst for change concerning the needs of all children.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Expertise with Donor Perfect or donor management
- Expertise with Office
- Ability to work independently/as a self-starter, as well as a team
- Strong presentation/communication skills for both internal and external
- Project management experience with a strong ability to prioritize multiple
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining accurate, confidential donor
- A strong work ethic, an outgoing personality and a zeal for relationship building are all considered a plus for this
- A history of commitment to children, innovative public policy, and positive change preferred.
The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and a list of three references via e-mail to Paul Dewey at: PDewey@childrenatrisk.org Please include the words “Assistant Director – Development” in the subject line. The application deadline is rolling with applications being reviewed upon receipt.
CHILDREN AT RISK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, religion, ancestry, color, race, ethnicity, or creed.
CHILDREN AT RISK receives a high volume of resumes and reviews every candidate closely. As such, candidates will only be contacted if they are selected for an interview.
- : CHILDREN AT RISK
- : 05/31/2018
- : Paul Dewey
- : PDewey@childrenatrisk.org
- : 7138697740