The Annual Giving and Special Programs Gift Officer will:
- Build and manage a comprehensive Lake Fund (annual giving) program that is a national model for universities of OLLU’s type.
- Facilitate and provide unequaled customer service to OLLU’s more than 24,000 alumni, representing OLLU undergraduate and graduate alumni, OLLC alumni, and OLL High School, and to its annual and major gift donors among individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Serving a strategic role in the planning of annual giving functions of the University within the context of the Strategic Plan as a team member in the division of Institutional Advancement.
- Carry, manage and develop a small portfolio of donors with gift potential up to $10K annual benefaction to the university.
- Manage two annual Phonathon efforts, this includes but is not limited to providing the vendor with appropriate data, overseeing data clean-up, related data input, developing and/or editing appropriate calling scripts, following up on alumni/donor questions or concerns raised during the Phonathon, and hiring/training/supervising the student callers. Prepare appropriate donor pledge forms associated with the Phonathon/Lake Fund development effort.
- Initiate and manage two or more Lake Fund campaign solicitations via direct mail, electronic mail and special events. This includes working with the Sr. Director of Development and Assistant Director of Advancement Services to develop an annual theme and writing/design of collateral material in collaboration with the Marketing & Communications team.
- Collaboratively plan, design and execute, in addition to the Lake Fund, special programming of the Parent and Family Fund, Employee Giving and Crowdfunding initiatives.
- Fulfilling other duties as required as a team member within the Division of Institutional Advancement.
- Communicate proactively and work in close tandem with Assistant Director of Advancement Services to manage donor data for appeals, specials program, crowdfunding and media/mailings.
- Recruit, guide and develop a student team dedicated to philanthropy. This group will inspire students to participate in philanthropic activities and support the Lake Fund as current students and ultimately as alumni.
- Identify and personally cultivate, and solicit a portfolio of prospects (alumni, faculty, staff, students, parents and friends) for various gifts up to $10,000.
- Prepare and disseminate Lake Fund reports and benchmark the information in a timely and confidential manner.
- Consistently input call reports, e-mail communications and meeting notes into Raiser’s Edge fundraising database.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Advancement Services daily to assist with maintaining the integrity of the alumni/donor database.
- Communicate regularly with other offices within Institutional Advancement.
- Participate in planning meetings, accept special assignments, work special events, assist colleagues and provide support for all on-going programs and operations as needed.
- Accept and execute other finite projects assigned by the Senior Director of Development or the Vice President of Development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of and advocacy for OLLU’s Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- Commitment to provide unequalled customer service to alumni and donors.
- Confidence to make in-person donor cultivation and solicitation calls.
- Knowledge of annual giving strategies and best practices.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic team member.
- Ability to work well under deadline and prioritize projects.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Integrity and dedication to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to use Raiser’s Edge, fundraising software.
- Goal-oriented; able to initiate follow-through.
- Flexible, diplomatic, tactful.
- Commitment as an exempt employee to working some weekends and evenings.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in development, marketing or sales, preferably in higher education or the non-profit industry.
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Writing and/or editorial experience
- Strong computer software skills.
Minimum Starting Salary: (Actual salary offered subject to qualifications)
Applicant Deadline: Open until filled
OLLU seeks to attract, develop and retain the highest quality staff and administrators. The University is committed to diversity and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities. EOE
- : Our Lady of the Lake University
- : 08/10/2018
- : John D Sanchez
- : email@example.com
- : 2104315591
John D Sanchez