We need YOU to join the AmeriCorps Disaster Recovery team!
Recent storms have wreaked havoc across Texas. Low-income homeowners will be the slowest population to recover because of limited access to resources. Apply to serve as AmeriCorps member and help these communities return home to safe conditions.
Join our AmeriCorps team and serve full time for 10 months in one or more of the following roles:
- Project Leads complete construction repairs on client homes, and supervise volunteers when present in completing basic construction tasks. Candidates without prior construction experience are still encouraged to apply
- Volunteer Coordinators recruit, onboard and support volunteers
- Supply & Logistics Coordinators manage warehouse operations and deliveries to ensure project sites have the tools and materials needed each day
- Construction Coordinators organize subcontractor schedules and monitor the progress of construction projects, ensuring proper permits are secured for each site
- Client Service Coordinators serve as the point of contact and resource for clients, assess client needs, provide referrals, and offer support throughout the application and rebuilding processes
- Monthly Living stipend of $1,427 (pre-tax)
- Education award of $6,195 upon successful completion of 10-month term
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally guaranteed student loans during their service term.
- Free limited benefits health insurance
- Child care assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Additional $150 monthly housing stipend for AmeriCorps alum
- Be at least 17 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
Want a meaningful opportunity to develop marketable JOB SKILLS?
Ready to make a BIG IMPACT?