The AmeriCorps Camp Specialist is cross trained and responsible for participating as a member of the outdoor leadership adventure and STEM program. The AmeriCorps Camp Specialist carries out specific responsibilities for the implementation of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience with a special emphasis on carrying out duties in the aquatic, archery and ropes programs. This position is also responsible for the safeguarding of participants’ health, safety, and security during the activities while providing a fun scouting experience.
Note: This person will be expected to be certified in ropes, lifeguarding and/or archery and will on occasion be expected to facilitate all three activities.
Location: STEM Center of Excellence and other GSNETX camps as assigned.
We are looking for members as diverse as the community we serve and with the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma or be willing to earn one while serving (undergraduate degree strongly preferred).
- Must pass provided Lifeguard Training Certification.
- Must pass provided ropes/high adventure and archery certification.
- Certification and training by USA Archery or training through the National Archery in the Schools Programs (NASP) is preferred.
- AmeriCorps Members will have access to students age 17 or younger, thus a National Service Criminal History Check is required.Must complete and pass a criminal background check.
- Able to commit to completing 900 hours of half time service over 11 months with a living allowance of $9,000.00.
- AmeriCorps members will be eligible for an education awardupon successful completion of service with a satisfactory performance evaluation.
For a list of acceptable eligibility documents, please click https://www.gsnetx.org/americorpsdocs.
Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas programs are available to all girls, without regard to race, color, origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, contact your GSNETX recruiter or email email@example.com. For a more detailed position description and to apply, please see the link below.
- : GIRL SCOUTS OF NORTHEAST TEXAS
- : 10/01/2018
- : Brenda Gomes
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 3