Serves adults recovering from homelessness who are participants in SAMMinistries’ Transitional Housing, Permanent Supportive Housing, or Rapid Re-Housing Programs. The Adult Education Specialist is responsible for assessing the educational and job training needs of SAMMinistries clients, for developing a plan of service that assists individuals in moving toward their goals, and connecting them directly to high school completion programs, post-secondary education, job training programs, and other resources that help them move toward self-sufficiency and empowerment. The Adult Education Specialist is also responsible for accessing funding from multiple sources to assist clients, and the Adult Education Specialist must track use of all funding, along with tracking individual client progress and maintaining records in a manner that facilitates accurate progress reporting to multiple program funders.
- Ensures operations are in compliance with program service descriptions and agency policies and procedures.
- Maintains current, complete client statistical and progress information with content that is thorough and is appropriate within ethical standards and standards of confidentiality.
- Operate program within budget; review monthly statistics s to monitor education program paticipation levels, service utilization and expenditures
- Develop and maintain partnerships in the community with entities that provide or support adult education, job training, and job readiness.
- Maintain regular and open communication with case management staff from all SAMMinistries programs to ensure case managers are aware of their clients’ progress in educational services, and that they have information needed to best support their clients’ overall progress toward goals.
- Participate in case staffings and staff meetings in a productive and professional manner
- Maintain detailed records of client assessments, ongoing progress, and contacts with clients.
- Maintain records of all program expenditures and provide to direct supervisor as required.
- Work cooperatively with case management staff and resources in the community to ensure clients have access to transportation to school or job training.
- Transport clients, as needed, to essential appointments related to their education or job training.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related Education, Liberal Arts, or Social Sciences discipline with 2 years professional working experience preferred.
- Experience working with underserved and/or individuals experiencing homelessness
- Must demonstrate sensitivity and an ability to work in an ethical and professional manner with individuals who have histories of trauma, behavioral and physical health challenges, and who have limited support systems
- Knowledgeable in tracking measures and outcomes
- Competency with administrative operations and instructional services
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication, public relations, time management, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make administrative procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community
- Ability to plan, develop, and implement marketing strategies and programs
- Knowledge of computerized student information systems
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele and/or media sources
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and carry out operations in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bilingual in Spanish is desirable but not essential. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Must demonstrate the ability to write routine reports and correspondence and ability to communicate effectively before groups of volunteers and employees of service organizations.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Capability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical situations. Must be able to interpret data used to evaluate client success.
Must be able to react swiftly and effectively to crisis situations. Must possess good conflict resolution skills. Must be sensitive to the dynamics associated with hopelessness. Logic and ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Class C Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Normal walking requirements include the ability to move in and around personal workspace and to and from other areas including walking up and down stairs several times a day. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, e.g. office equipment, file boxes, donations, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires some weekend and evening hours. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send resume to Resume-AdultEducationSpecialist@samm.org
- : SAMMinistires
- : 08/21/2020
- : HR
- : Resume-AdultEducationSpecialist@samm.org
- : https://www.samm.org/careers/adult-education-specialist/