Girls Inc. of San Antonio
Non-Exempt ($15 – $17/hr)
The Office Manager/Accountant will play a pivotal role in managing operations for the organization including, but not limited to, accounting, donor/gift management, human resources, communication, and technology. This position is responsible for handling the fundamental aspects of Girls Inc. of San Antonio’s financial recordkeeping, including recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, and reconciling bank statements. Maintains contact with employees, vendors, and clients and observes confidentiality of client and agency matters. Additionally, the Office Manager will perform administrative support functions such as answering phones and emails, scanning and filing. This position manages tasks related to preparation and logistical set up of Board, Committee and other meetings as well as representing Girls Inc. of San Antonio at internal and external meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member, take and distribute messages, and receive, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Monitor incoming emails and answer or forward as required
- Prepare outgoing mail for distribution, monitor and maintain office supplies
- Greet public and clients and direct them to the correct staff member
- Maintain office filing and storage systems
- Update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists and client information
- Manage tasks related to preparation and logistical set up of Board and Committee meetings, including scheduling, correspondence, and copying meeting materials
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced
- Manage administrative interns and clerical support, including work-study students, administrative volunteers, and COSA Ambassadors
- Represent Girls Inc. of San Antonio in a professional manner at approved events in the community.
- Communicate with volunteers and staff regarding assigned meetings and events
- Provide support for the front desk as needed (lunches, breaks, etc.)
- Demonstrates strong commitment to meeting the needs of our customers (children, community members, co-workers, donors, managers and volunteers), in a friendly, outgoing and professional manner
- Manages facility and IT-related requests/issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide administrative support to hire and on-board Girls Inc. of San Antonio staff.
- Prepare and transmit payroll semi-monthly.
- Maintain personnel files in accordance with DOL requirements
- Serve as liaison to external HR/PEO Company
- Ensure that all HR documents, reports, and forms are kept up-to-date and are submitted to the appropriate vendor in a timely manner
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including scanning, collection of receipts filing, copying documents and materials, and submitting and reconciling expense reports.
- Manage all aspects of accounting including but not limited to: Accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, journal entries, payroll, payroll taxes, etc.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts, coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account, verifying totals; preparing reports.
- Assist with budget preparation agency/grants.
- Assist in preparing state and governmental reports as well as assist with year-end financial audit.
- Code bills for approval
- Scan in all payable information to include invoices and receipts into QuickBooks.
- Serve as liaison to the auditor.
- Review general ledger prior to each month close for proper recording of revenue and receivables.
- Conduct internal compliance audits on funded programs.
- Prepare and submit reimbursement reports to foundations or other funding entities
- Develop and implements policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of financial controls
- Coordinates with external CPA for the preparation of year-end audit
- Responsible for managing vendors and processing purchase requests
- Generate monthly, quarterly or annual financial statements and reports detailing paid and unpaid invoices and other accounts receivable activity.
- Process & generate checks for vendor invoices and allocations.
- Process Accounts Payable checks weekly.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Post payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into the general ledger and QuickBooks.
- Prepare cash and check payments for bank; totaling and recording the deposit amounts, filling out deposit slips and bundling the funds and slips; making deposits at the bank.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
Fund Development/Donor Management
- Provide administrative, planning and coordination support for fundraising strategies and events.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of donor records and stewardship program/processes.
- Provide administrative, planning and coordination support for grants development and management.
- Assist with the development and production of the Girls Inc. reports, newsletter, web-site and social media communications.
- Provide communication support to Girls Inc. stakeholders including the board, school partners and donors.
- Assist with social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Prepares rooms for workshops (tables, chairs, projector, screen, all documents, names tags, etc.)
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization; ability to work unsupervised, seek supervision when necessary and use feedback constructively
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Customer Service: Respond to customers/clients (children, community members, co-workers, donors, board members, family members, and volunteers) in a timely and thorough manner; does what is necessary to ensure customer/client satisfaction; prioritizes customer’s needs and follows up to evaluate customer’s satisfaction.
- Operation of a computer, databases and their applications, and generation of reports.
- Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
- Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point software; Spreadsheet software; and QuickBooks accounting software required.
- Bi-lingual preferred, Spanish.
- 3 years bookkeeping experience in a support role. AA or Bachelor’s degree (Preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain a high standard of quality while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and dependability
- Ability to seek supervision and use it constructively
- Must be a strong team player dedicated to group success
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and contribute to goals of the agency.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism while working with sensitive material and to maintain a variety of information and materials in an ethical and confidential manner.
- Responsible for own personal safety, your co-workers, and others that might enter your work area.
- Driving requirements: Must maintain a current drivers’ license with proof of automotive liability insurance. Must have access to reliable and safe transportation. Willingness and ability to use personal vehicle for work activities.
DESCRIPTION OF THE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Perform physical activities including: lifting at least 20 pounds several times a week, bending, stopping, twisting and reaching several times a day, leading active and often physical activities with girls 6-18
- Work environment is the Girls Inc. office; however, many work assignments are completed outside of an office setting, including program outreach sites and special event locations
- Weekend and evening work is required.
DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP/REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
Supervisor: President/CEO of Girls Inc. of San Antonio
Supervises: Work Study Students, Volunteers, and Interns
If Interested, please e-mail cover letter and resume to
Lea Rosenauer, President/CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
- : Girls Inc. of San Antonio
- : 06/09/2018
- : Lea Rosenauer
- : email@example.com
- : 2102985860