The Certificate in Nonprofit Financial Management is a comprehensive and systematic learning opportunity, covering the tools, frameworks and concepts necessary for effective nonprofit financial management.
Especially useful for:
- Current financial management staff seeking further education or a refresher;
- Aspiring professionals seeking competence and professional opportunities in this area;
- Program staff seeking understanding of this critical organizational function;
- Individuals looking to make a career change and wanting a comprehensive and systematic way to acquire the competencies needed to be an effective nonprofit financial manager;
- Volunteer leaders seeking greater understanding of the financial management function.
This Certificate builds on the success of Center for Nonprofits’ other Certificates in Nonprofit Leadership & ManagementGrant Writing, Volunteer ManagementEffective Fundraising, with their combined alumni of about 1000 individuals.
The curricula is based upon conversations with nonprofit financial management practitioners and a review of professional literature.
Upon completion, participants will earn 4.9 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from Austin Community College. These may be eligible for use in meeting professional certification requirements.
Session 1 – Review of Key Financial Concepts and Financial Statements
Session 2 – Governance Fiduciary Responsibilities
Session 3 – Accounting and Reporting Guidelines
Session 4 – Controlling the Nonprofit
Session 5 – Audits
Session 6 – Issues Arising from Government Funding and Regulation
Session 7 – Accounting Issues Related to Fundraising and Overall Ethical Considerations
- : Austin Center for Nonprofit Studies