The Networks for School Improvement (NSI) portfolio includes grants to organizations who will support groups of middle and high schools working together to identify and solve common problems using approaches that best fit their needs, learning what works as they go and refining their approaches.
We invest in partnerships between networks of schools and school support organizations. They will work together to identify and solve common problems by using evidence-based interventions that best fit their needs and data-driven continuous learning—where schools use data to identify a problem, select a strategy to address the problem, set a target for improvement, and iterate to make the approach more effective and improve student achievement.
While each network decides what approach will work best to address their biggest challenges, there are at least two things successful networks share in common—a commitment to continuous learning and improvement, and a focus on using indicators proven to predict students’ learning, progress, and success.
After an open and competitive Request for Proposal (RFP) process in January 2018, this first cohort of grantees includes 19 organizations in 13 states (AL, CA, GA, IL, MD, NY, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, WI, and WA) to serve as supporting organizations for Networks for School Improvement. We expect to award additional grants through subsequent requests for proposals.
- Achieve Atlanta, Inc. (Atlanta, GA)
- Baltimore City Public Schools (Baltimore, MD)
- Bank Street College of Education (Yonkers, NY)
- California Education Partners (California)
- Center for Leadership and Educational Equity (Rhode Island)
- City Year (Milwaukee, WI)
- Communities Foundation of Texas, Inc. (North Texas)
- Community Center for Education Results (Washington)
- CORE Districts (California)
- High Tech High Graduate School of Education (California)
- Institute for Learning (Dallas, TX)
- KIPP Foundation (Multiple states)
- Network for College Success (Chicago, IL)
- New Visions for Public Schools (New York, NY)
- Northwest Regional Education Service District (Oregon)
- Partners in School Innovation (Philadelphia, PA)
- Seeding Success (Memphis, TN)
- Southern Regional Education Board (Jefferson County, AL)
- Teach Plus, Incorporated (Chicago, IL and Los Angeles, CA)