This Saturday afternoon, enjoy a day of FREE fun at Lawndale!
1 – 4 PM
Come on out to Lawndale on Saturday, July 21 from 1 – 4 PM for a summer Family Day, featuring hands-on activities inspired by our 2018 Artist Studio Program exhibition, In Real Life, and Elaine Bradford and Sara Cress’ exhibition Routine Fables, both on view at Lawndale until Sunday, July 29, 2018.
Our In Real Life activity welcomes participants to take inspiration from the work of Lawndale’s 2017/18 Artist Studio Program participants Regina Agu, Shannon Crider, and the htx people project to collage portraits exploring their own identity. In the Routine Fables activity, participants will create sculpture poems inspired by the work of Bradford and Cress.
Admission is free and all ages welcome. While you’re here, enjoy Moon Rooster tacos, Steel City Pops popsicles, and Topo Chico USA!
Continue the Family Day fun!
While in the Houston Museum District, continue the Family Day fun with our museum collaborators Contemporary Arts Museum Houston (CAMH), Asia Society Texas Center, and The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH).
Asia Society Texas Center
* Get a sneak peek at a new woodblock print art installation by Japanese artist Ayomi Yoshida.
* Explore CAMH’s current exhibitions with their Art Guide booklet, available in both English and Spanish.
* Spray a chalk animal inspired by Art on the Lawn featuring artist Bucky Miller.
* Plus a photo booth, text map, and more!
MFAH (Community Day runs 11 AM – 2 PM)
* Experience a virtual reality station with Houston Community College’s Department of Interior Design.
* Make your own paper model of the new Glassell School of Art.
* Plus docent tours, live music, and more!